It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power. ALAN COHEN







Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August Orientation

I am packing today and leaving tomorrow! On Thursday, August 12th, I will fly to Akron, PA for a week of orientation at MCC. This orientation will include everyone who is participating in the SALT program this next year and also those who are participating in IVEP and YAMEN. After a week of orientation and many activities, my group of 6 will fly to Santa Cruz, Bolivia on August 19th. We will have a period of orientation to Bolivia and language study before beginning our service assignments.

I am really excited for this adventure to begin. It feels like I have been preparing for this for forever. However, this anticipation is bittersweet as it is also hard to say goodbye to family and friends who I will not see for the next year. There are so many people that I will miss.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting that you get to do this! I'm so envious. Do you know who you will be staying with? I want to hear all the details. I will definitely be keeping up on your blog. I knew you were doing this when I saw you in a picture with Noel.

    Gina W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha - blessings to you on your new adventure. I'm so happy for you finally being able to work in Bolivia! Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola MyFriend, Today you landed on Bolivian soil, so a part of me has also returned to the Santa Cruz de la Sierra, bella tierra de me corazon. A warm saludo to all of our dear Bolivian brothers and sisters. YourDad

    ReplyDelete